Enhanced Interactive Spiral Display
Christian Tominski (with Steffen Hadlak)
University of Rostock, 2008
- C. Tominski and H. Schumann. Enhanced Interactive Spiral Display. Proceedings of the Annual SIGRAD Conference, Special Theme: Interactivity, Stockholm, Sweden, Linköping University Electronic Press, 2008.
- Mouse hover: Highlight and label a segment
- Left mouse button drag: zoom into a region of interest
- Right mouse button: exit zoom mode
- Sprial scrolling: when scroll arrows are visible, you can press [LEFT] key or [RIGHT] key or click the arrows to change the current view
- Mouse wheel, [PAGE UP] key, [PAGE DOWN] key: scroll current view by one cycle (i.e., by the number of segments per cycle)
If you want to try out the software, you are required to have OpenWebstart installed on your machine.
- The first line in a data file must contain unique attribute names separated by semicolon
- The second line contains the data types of the attributes also separated by semicolon
- Valid data types are "Real", "Integer", and "Date"
- The rest of the lines contains the actual data
- Note that a temporal reference is only recognized if "Date" is the first attribute in the file
- Further note that the tool is not very cooperative with respect to duplicate attribute identifiers, missing values, or too many separators, so be careful when preparing your data
Date;AvgTemp;Precipitation;RelHumidity Date;Real;Real;Integer 1893-01-01;-10.6;0;79 1893-01-02;-12.9;0.1;97 1893-01-03;-12;3.2;85 ...