- Visualization and Visual Analytics
- Visualization of high dimensional data in ophthalmologic context
- Annotations in Visual Analytics
Röhlig, M.; Schmidt, C.; Prakasam, R. K.; Stachs, O. & Schumann, H.: Enhanced Grid-Based Visual Analysis of Retinal Layer Thickness with Optical Coherence Tomography. Information, Vol. 10, No. 9, 2019Abstract
Christoph, S.; Röhlig, M.; Grundel, B.; Daumke, P.; Ritter, M.; Stahl, A.; Rosenthal, P.; & Schumann, H.: Combining Visual Cleansing and Exploration for Clinical Data. Proceedings of the Workshop on Visual Analytics in Healthcare (VAHC), Vancouver, CA, 2019.Abstract
Röhlig, M.; Schmidt, C.; Prakasam, R. K.; Stachs, O. & Schumann, H.: Towards Accurate Visualization and Measurement of Localized Changes in Intraretinal Layer Thickness. Poster at the Workshop on Visual Analytics in Healthcare (VAHC), Vancouver, CA, 2019.Abstract
Röhlig, M.; Stüwe, J.; Schmidt, C.; Prakasam, R. K.; Stachs, O. & Schumann, H.: Grid-Based Exploration of OCT Thickness Data of Intraretinal Layers. Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications (VISIGRAPP), International Conference on Information Visualization Theory and Applications (IVAPP), Vol. 3, Prague, CZ, 2019 (Received Best-Student-Paper Award).Abstract
Röhlig, M.; Christoph, S.; Prakasam, R. K.; Rosenthal, P.; Schumann, H. & Stachs, O.: Visual Analysis of Retinal Changes with Optical Coherence Tomography. The Visual Computer, Springer, 2018.Abstract
Schmidt, C.; Rosenthal, P. & Schumann, H.: Annotations as a support for knowledge generation. Proceedings of IVAPP, Funchal, Portugal, 2018.Abstract
Prakasam, R. K.; Stachs O.; Schmidt, C.; Tafel, M.; Fischer, D.-C.; Guthoff, R.; Jünemann, A.; Schumann, H. & Röhlig, M.: Visual Analysis of Optical Coherence Tomography Data. Ophthalmologe, Proceedings of the DOG congress, Vol. 114, No. Supplement 2, Springer Medicine, 2017.
Röhlig, M.; Rosenthal, P.; Schmidt, C. & Schumann, H.: Visual Analysis of Optical Coherence Tomography Data in Ophthalmology. Proceedings of the EuroVis Workshop on Visual Analytics (EuroVA), Eurographics Association, Barcelona, Spain, 2017.Abstract
- TOPOs - Therapy prediction through OCT and patient demography in ophthalmology
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) has been a suitable diagnostic tool for ophthalmologists since many years. Pictures, taken from the latter part of the eye, the retina, and vertical depth scans of the macula allow reliable diagnostics of a variety of eye diseases as for example age-related macular degeneration, retinal vein occlusion or diabetic retinopathy. Up to today there are successful therapy methods, first of all the injection of anti - vascular endothelial growth factor (anti-VEGF) drugs. Nevertheless it seems not possible to this date, to reliably predict the correct amount of injections necessary as well as the time needed until the injection rate can be decreased or halted. In order to find remedy for this issue, this project unites experts of ophthalmology and visual analytics. The goal is, to explore the heterogenic multidimensional data of the OCT examinations in combination with the patients historical and personal characteristics. In adjunction with a specialized visualization tool for ophthalmologists, the possible causes and/or influencing factors for the therapy of retinal diseases are expected to crystalize from the data.
- Official Site: TOPOs
- 2005 - 2012 ATEXIS GmbH : Technical documentation for long range and single aisle and A380 aircrafts
- 2012 - 2017 Landeskriminalamt Mecklenburg-Vorpommern - IT project management