Two-Tone Pseudo-Colored TableLens
A TableLens Featuring Two-Tone Pseudo-Coloring, Hybrid Clustering, and much more
Christian Tominski and Mathias John
University of Rostock, 2006-2008
- M. John, C. Tominski, and H. Schumann. Visual and Analytical Extensions for the Table Lens. Proceedings of Visualization and Data Analysis (VDA), San Jose, USA, SPIE/IS&T, 2008.
- M. John, C. Tominski, and H. Schumann. Interactive Poster: Two-Tone Pseudo Coloring for Multiple Variables. Poster at IEEE Information Visualization Conference (InfoVis), Baltimore, USA, 2006.
- Left mouse button: expand/collapse a row, hold and drag to affect multiple rows
- Mouse wheel: scroll
- [SHIFT] + mouse wheel: zoom in/out
- Use toolbar buttons: Open, save, cursor, zoom in, zoom out, color map, color segments, clustering (may take a while)
- Click column header to sort via column
- Drag column to reorder columns
- Click Icicle Plot (appears after clustering) to expand/collapes clusters
- Click Icicle Plot header to expand/collapse whole levels of clustering hierarchy
If you want to try out the software, you are required to have OpenWebstart installed on your machine.
- The first line in a data file must contain unique attribute names separated by semicolon
- The second line contains the data types of the attributes also separated by semicolon
- Valid data types are "String", "Real", "Integer", "Category", and "Date"
- The rest of the lines contains the actual data
- Note that a temporal reference is only recognized if "Date" is the first attribute in the file
- Further note that the tool is not very cooperative with respect to duplicate attribute identifiers, missing values, or too many separators, so be careful when preparing your data
CAR;MPG;Cylinders;Horsepower;Weight;Acceleration;Year;Origin String;Integer;Category;Integer;Integer;Real;Integer;Category CAR1;18;8;130;3504;12;70;A CAR2;15;8;165;3693;11.5;70;A CAR3;18;8;150;3436;11;70;A CAR4;16;8;150;3433;12;70;B ...